Before we talk about the business security survey benefits, you should know what a business security survey is.
What is a business security survey?
A business security survey or business security assessment is the process that is followed to check specific areas, methods or applications of business to document any risk and security threats. It can be conducted from an all-risk perspective, facility security, physical security, life safety, and particular concern like workplace violence. In short, a business security assessment is essentially a multi-point, physical examination of your property and facilities, as well as your operations.
Why is it important to conduct a security survey?
Each year, businesses all around the globe face more significant challenges when they try to address both probable and actual theft, natural disaster, and terrorism threats. As these kinds of threats increase year on year, many business owners have realized the repercussions of not being proactive when it comes to addressing these risks. Business owners should make a comprehensive business security assessment an essential component of their overall operation to address these potential risks.
Here are a few business security survey benefits to note:
Adhere to security laws
There are certain security protocols that every business needs to meet as per law. However, adhering to these security laws isn’t a piece of cake! So, it’s only by conducting a business security assessment that the security system installed on the business premises can be up to date and be capable of meeting current security norms.
Do away with liabilities
There may be instances when there has been a breach in security in a business facility. Such a security breach may have damaged property or caused harmed to an employee. If the business does not have appropriate security measures in place, it can be held responsible, and ultimately, liable for the damage caused. A business security survey benefits by ensuring that security systems are working fine to prevent harm to employees
This eliminates the risk of the business being held liable.
Related Service: remote cctv monitoring
Spot flaws and weaknesses in the current system
If a business already has a security system, a business security assessment can help to identify any issues or weaknesses in the existing system. It helps businesses to keep their security systems in line with changes, in asset protection needs and security threats. Based on the results from the survey, the business can take corrective measures necessary to beef up the security of its facility.
Greater awareness of staff
By understanding the significance of a business security assessment, an organization can prevent theft or other types of crime from taking place. A business security survey benefits by letting the company’s managers, shareholders, employees, and any other stakeholder involved in the business that the company takes the security of the organization very seriously. Moreover, it clearly shows that the company will make all efforts to protect the business and its assets.
Optimum use of financial resources
A business security assessment ensures that a business’ money is being channelized smartly towards highly effective forms of security solutions. Even if the business already has a security solution in place, the existing system may be consuming too much of the business’ financial resources. A business security assessment helps the organization to ensure that its money is invested in the right security solution, and its budget is being utilized in the best possible manner.
Help give you and your employees peace of mind
It is vital for an organization to conduct a business security assessment as employees of an organization should feel safe and protected in their work environment at all times and this will improve productivity within.
A business security survey benefits by helping the organization give owners and all the employees the peace of mind by guaranteeing them that their building is secure and protected from external threats.
How is a security assessment conducted?
Here are a few steps in which an organization conducts a business security assessment:
- Collection of all information related to security objectives, assets, and their value, as well as potential threats like break-ins, robbery, arson, trespass, and insider attack.
- Obtaining company details pertaining to its location, building structure, previous history, and current security solutions.
- Walking through the site or using a survey tool to conduct the business security assessment. The goals of the survey are to measure current security systems, spot and quantify security vulnerabilities, and determining the level of protection required.
How to prepare for a security service?
A business cannot predict every possible risk, but preparing for them would be smarter.
- Making sure all security plans are flexible.
- Encompassing all security fundamentals and checking for regular updates.
- Considering a host of threats ranging from natural sources to internet sources and the various ways the company can respond to them and resolve them.
- Preparing the staff by designating a core team and keeping their contact details handy.
- Designing a communication protocol to follow during emergency situations. The company should loop in employees, customers, and vendors.
- Maintaining and updating data backup tools.
- Storing documents safely.
- Backing up data routinely using both local and cloud services.
A business security assessment is certainly not a one-time affair. Businesses should conduct it annually. Doing so ensures that their security measures are in line with their needs and allows them to make any necessary changes to their security efforts.
Contact us for a business security assessment today!